CORE's grant application is closed for 2023 and will reopen April 1, 2024.
If residing and working in the state of Oregon, please contact email@example.com to apply before January 15.
CORE's Granting Guidelines (beginning January 15, 2024)
1) Must be currently working in the food and beverage service industry and have worked in the food and beverage service industry for at least 90 days.
List of qualifying food and beverage service employer types:
- Hotel bar/dining & room service
- cafeteria/dining hall
- quick service
- fine dining
- casual dining
- fast casual
- food truck
2) Must have a child under the age of 18 or medically dependent child with documentation living within your home.
3) Must have a qualifying circumstance within the last 3 months.
List of qualifying circumstances:
- Significant medical diagnosis or injury of the food and beverage service worker, their spouse/domestic partner, or their child
- Death of the food and beverage service worker or an immediate family member (their spouse/domestic partner or their child)
- Chronic illness, disease, or disorder of the food and beverage service worker, their spouse/domestic partner, or their child with a documented diagnosis, documentation of current treatment, and documentation of significant loss of work
- Loss of employment or home due to a natural disaster
- Loss of employment or home due to a fire unrelated to a natural disaster
- Documented domestic violence or abuse
List of circumstances that ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for CORE support:
- Homelessness without a qualifying circumstance
- Loss of work or wages (being fired, decrease in work shifts, or unable to find a new job)
- divorce or separation from a significant other
- car repair or accident without significant documented injury
- Late bills without a qualifying circumstance
- Undocumented domestic violence
- Disconnected utilities
- Death of a family member outside of the food and beverage service worker's immediate family (the food and beverage service worker's parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle)